Mastic vs. Thinset – A Tilers’ Consensus Can Be Wrong.
If you did a “Fifty Million Frenchmen Can’t Be Wrong” type survey on the subject on Mastic vs. Thinset, with the stipulation that only 30 year tiling professionals need respond, I expect you might get a list that looks like this:
- Shower floors – Thinset.
- Shower walls – Thinset.
- Bathroom floors – Thinset.
- Bathroom walls – Thinset.
- Kitchen floors – Thinset.
- Kitchen walls – Mastic.
- Kitchen counter-tops – Thinset.
- Kitchen back-splashes – Mastic.
- Other floors – Thinset.
- Other walls – Mastic (where moisture is not present).
That should settle the issue, right? Well, no not really.