Tiling Contractor Glossary
- Dead load.
- A constant load that in structures is due to the mass of the members, the supported structure, and permanent attachments or accessories.
- Decorative tile.
- Tile with a ceramic decoration on the surface.
- The ratio of the mass of a body to its volume, or the mass per unit volume of the substance. When G.G.S. units are used, the density of a substance is numerically equal to the specific gravity of the substance referred to water a 4 degrees C, the maximum density (1,000) of water. For ordinary practical purposes, density and specific gravity may be regarded as equivalent.
- Double bullnose.
- A type of trim with the same convex radius on two opposite sides.
- Dry pack.
- Concrete or mortar mixtures deposited and consolidated by dry packing.
- Dry packing.
- Placing of zero slump, or near zero slump, concrete, mortar, or grout by ramming into a confined space.
- Dry spots
- Small areas on the face of tile which have been insufficiently glazed.
- A cut tile used as a filler in the run of a wall or floor area.
Would you like a complimentary…no obligation …project consultation? Please feel free to call for more details.
Boyer Tile LLC.
Mobile: 772 828-8909.
Florida License – psl13-6160.
For a Quality Craftsmanship, call Boyer Tile.
Master Tile Setter and St. Lucie County Florida based Tiling Contractor.
My tiling service areas include Port St. Lucie (PSL), Fort Pierce, Stuart and Vero Beach, FL.
In Martin County, Boyer Tile LLC. services Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island, North River Shores, Ocean Breeze Park, Palm City, Port Salerno, Rio, Sewalls Point and Stuart, Florida.
In St. Lucie County Boyer Tile LLC. services Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie West, Tradition, Torino, Tesoro, Lake Charles, Lake Forest, Magnolia Lakes, PGA Village, The Vineyards, St James Golf Club, The Cascades, and Fort Pierce, FL.