Tiling Contractor Glossary.
- Eagle Beak.
- A 6 inch X 3/4 inch outside corner trim shape. (AC106).
- The residue deposited on the surface of a material by the crystallization of soluble salts.
- Tile decorated with colored clays inlaid and fired. Also colored tile laid in a wall or floor to form a pattern.
- Epoxy grout.
- A two-part grout system consisting of epoxy resin and epoxy hardener, especially formulated to have impervious qualities, stain, and chemical resistance, used to fill joints between tile units.
- Epoxy mortar.
- A two-part mortar system consisting of epoxy resin and epoxy hardener used to bond tile to back-up material where chemical resistance of high bond strength is a consideration.
- Projected cost of materials and labor for a construction project or portion of a project.
- Expansion joint.
- A joint through tile, mortar, and reinforcing wire down to the substrate.
- Extruded tile.
- A tile or trim unit that is formed when plastic clay mixtures are forced through a pug mill opening (die) of suitable configuration, resulting in a continuous ribbon of formed clay. A wire cutter or similar cut-off device is then used to cut the ribbon into appropriate lengths and widths of tile.
Would you like a complimentary…no obligation …project consultation? Please feel free to call for more details.
Boyer Tile LLC
Mobile: 772 828-8909
Florida License – psl13-6160
For a Quality Craftsmanship, call Boyer Tile.
Master Tile Setter and St. Lucie County Florida based Tiling Contractor.
My tiling service areas include Port St. Lucie (PSL), Fort Pierce, Stuart and Vero Beach, FL.
In Martin County, Boyer Tile LLC. services Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island, North River Shores, Ocean Breeze Park, Palm City, Port Salerno, Rio, Sewalls Point and Stuart, Florida.
In St. Lucie County Boyer Tile LLC. services Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie West, Tradition, Torino, Tesoro, Lake Charles, Lake Forest, Magnolia Lakes, PGA Village, The Vineyards, St James Golf Club, The Cascades, and Fort Pierce, FL.