Tiling Contractors Glossary.
- A term used when a wall surface has developed a slide.
- A mixture of portland cement, sand, and water.
- (1) A continuous film or penetrant to prevent the passage of liquids or gaseous media; a high-bodied adhesive generally of low cohesive strength to fill voids of various sizes to prevent passage of liquid or gaseous media. (2) A coating used to seal the sand-scratched surface of a primer in order to obtain a smooth uniform paint base over rough metal. Sealers are products of low pigmentation.
- Self-spacing tile.
- Tile with lugs, spacers, or protuberances on the sides. These devices automatically space the tile for the grout joints.
- 3 percent to 7 percent water absorption.
- The condition reached by a cement paste, mortar, or concrete when it has lost plasticity to an arbitrary degree, usually measured in terms of resistance to penetration or deformation; initial set refers to first penetration or deformation; initial set refers to first stiffening; final set refers to attainment of significant rigidity; also, strain remaining after removal of stress.
- Shelf life.
- Maximum interval during which a material may be stored and remain in a usable condition.
- Shower pan.
- Terminology used in some areas for Waterproof membrane.
- Skid resistance.
- A measure of the frictional characteristics of a surface.
- A flat (although sometimes ribbed on the underside) reinforced concrete element of a building which provides the base for the floor or roofing materials.
- T, Y and X shaped, they are used in installation to separate tile on walls and floors. They are manufactured in various thickness from 1/16 to 1/2.
- Splash walls.
- The walls of a tile drainboard or bathtub.
- The underlying support for the ceramic tile installation.
- Continue >> Tiling Glossary T
Would you like a complimentary…no obligation …project consultation? Please feel free to call for more details.
Boyer Tile LLC.
Mobile: 772 828-8909.
Florida License – psl13-6160.
For a Quality Craftsmanship, call Boyer Tile.
Master Tile Setter and St. Lucie County Florida based Tiling Contractor.
My tiling service areas include Port St. Lucie (PSL), Fort Pierce, Stuart and Vero Beach, FL.
In Martin County, Boyer Tile LLC. services Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island, North River Shores, Ocean Breeze Park, Palm City, Port Salerno, Rio, Sewalls Point and Stuart, Florida.
In St. Lucie County Boyer Tile LLC. services Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie West, Tradition, Torino, Tesoro, Lake Charles, Lake Forest, Magnolia Lakes, PGA Village, The Vineyards, St James Golf Club, The Cascades, and Fort Pierce, FL.